The New Sentinels
We don’t use too many houserules at the table, but from time to time some things need to be tweaked.
- Resistance checks to save against Affliction effects roll against DC 15 + relevant modifiers, rather than 10 + relevant modifiers.
- The usual rules apply to switching between powers in an array during your turn (once as a free action).
- Players may switch additional times as a move-action for each switch.
- Continuous or Sustained powers cease working as usual when their associated power is not active. Conditions as a result of powers that are no longer active do not disappear.
- Hero points refresh at the beginning of every new episode, to a starting total of 1 HP per character.
- Characters receive the usual HP reward for coping with Complications, GM-imposed set-backs, etc.
- HP can be spent on the usual categories of effect (Edit Scene, Heroic Feat, Improve Roll, Inspiration, Instant Counter, and Recover) once per effect per round (measured from the beginning of your initiative count to the next)
- Max trade-off for PL-dependent categories is -5/5 active defenses/toughness at PL 10, but you could not go to 4.
- New/evolved effects should be okayed by the GM as usual.
- Proposed Subtle effects are going to be scrutinized. Subtle 2 is the Devil.
- Restricted Effects
- Time Controllers are the Devil, and therefore reserved for the GM/Plot Devices
- Saves must be in place for powers that affect other people/things.